Hope you are doing well.
Listed space has some good auto ancillary companies dealing in Axle shafts.
Axle shafts are load-bearing components used in vehicles for transfer of rotational force from transmission system to wheels attached to axles.
GNA Axles is a leading supplier of Rear-axle shafts to 4W Auto OEMs.
The company got listed in Sep'16 and has been reporting very good set of numbers since then. What's also interesting is that promoters have been increasing stake gradually.
To understand the company better, we have shared notes from the AR 22 and Jul'22 CARE credit report of the company:
Before that, in the last few days we have released 1 special situation opportunity and 1 new long-medium term investment recommendation for Alpha and Alpha + Members
- Special situation opportunity - Delisting Opportunity – Expecting Promoters to buy out shares at higher price - For details click HERE
- New Stock Recommendation - Sub 5000 crore market cap, fast growing Specialty chemicals company - For details click HERE
You can get the above mentioned recommendations, by subscribing HERE
GNA Axles - Notes from AR 22 and Jul'22 CARE credit report
- General Points
- Jalandhar based, incorporated in 1993
- GNA group set up in 1946 for manufacturing of auto components for commercial vehicles, tractors and off-highway equipment
- GNA was promoted by Late Mr. Rachhpall Singh and his brother Mr. Gursaran Singh, the latter being the current managing director of the company
- The company is engaged in the business of manufacturing and supplying axle shafts and spindles (ranging from 2 kg to 150 kg) to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and Tier-1 suppliers
- GNA has its manufacturing facilities located in Hoshiarpur, Punjab with an installed capacity of around 6 million pieces per annum, as on March 31, 2022
- Apart from catering to the domestic customers, GNA also exports its products to USA, Brazil, Sweden, Mexico, Italy, Spain, etc., with exports constituting around 60% of its TOI in FY22 (around 56% in FY21)
- The company supplies its products to varied segments of the automotive industry, including commercial vehicles (CV or the on-highway segment), tractors, farm equipment and earth moving equipment (all three being part of the off-road segment)
- GNA faces customer concentration with its top-5 and top-10 customers accounting for around 70% and around 82% of its total gross sales in FY22
- Marketing and Distribution
- The company is a tier-1 vendor for its supplies in domestic off-road segment while in the export markets, it supplies axles and spindles to larger and more established tier-1 vendors
- GNA markets its products through the common group marketing network that caters a whole range of products including axles, gears and shafts under one roof
- Raw material
- The operations of the company are raw material intensive in nature with the raw material cost constituting around 59% of the gross sales in FY22
- With global steel prices highly volatile in nature, the margins of GNA are exposed to raw material fluctuation risk
- Working capital
- The company maintains inventory of around 2 to 2.5 months with large product range (axle shafts and spindles ranging from 2 kg to 150 kg)
- The average debtor days usually remain elongated as the company has major dependence on export customers for sales having credit period of close to 4-5 months
- CAPEX plan
- The company doesn’t have any major capex plans barring routine capex in the range of Rs 20 crore to Rs 25 crore which shall be funded through the internal accruals
Disclaimer: This is not a recommendation to buy/sell GNA Axles. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory.
SEBI Research Analyst Registration No. INH100001690
Research Analyst Details
Name: Ekansh Mittal Email Id: [email protected] Ph: +91 727 5050062
Details of Associate: Not Applicable
Analyst Certification: The Analyst certify (ies) that the views expressed herein accurately reflect his (their) personal view(s) about the subject security (ies) and issuer(s) and that no part of his (their) compensation was, is or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendation(s) or views contained in this research report.
Address - 7, Panch Ratan, 7/128, Swaroop Nagar, Kanpur - 208002, Contact No. - +91-7275050062
Compliance Officer - Mr. Ekansh Mittal, +91-9818866676, ekansh@
Grievance Redressal - Mittal Consulting, grievances@
“Registration granted by SEBI and certification from NISM in no way guarantee performance of the intermediary or provide any assurance of returns to investors”.
“Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related documents carefully before investing.”
The views expressed are based solely on information available publicly and believed to be true. Investors are advised to independently evaluate the market conditions/risks involved before making any investment decision
This report is for the personal information of the authorized recipient and does not construe to be any investment, legal or taxation advice to you. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting/Katalyst Wealth is not soliciting any action based upon it. This report is not for public distribution and has been furnished to you solely for your information and should not be reproduced or redistributed to any other person in any form. This document is provided for assistance only and is not intended to be and must not alone be taken as the basis for an investment decision. Ekansh Mittal or any of its affiliates or employees shall not be in any way responsible for any loss or damage that may arise to any person from any inadvertent error in the information contained in this report. Neither Ekansh Mittal, nor its employees, agents nor representatives shall be liable for any damages whether direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential including lost revenue or lost profits that may arise from or in connection with the use of the information. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting or any of its affiliates or employees do not provide, at any time, any express or implied warranty of any kind, regarding any matter pertaining to this report, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
The recipients of this report should rely on their own investigations. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting and/or its affiliates and/or employees may have interests/ positions, financial or otherwise in the securities mentioned in this report. Mittal Consulting has incorporated adequate disclosures in this document. This should, however, not be treated as endorsement of the views expressed in the report.
We submit that no material disciplinary action has been taken on Ekansh Mittal by any regulatory authority impacting Equity Research Analysis.
Disclaimer: You can access it here - LINK
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any financial interest in the subject company/companies and the nature of such financial interest – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associates or his relatives have actual/beneficial ownership of 1% or more securities of the subject company (at the end of the month immediately preceding the date of publication of the research report or date of the public appearance) – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of the research report or at the time of public appearance – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation from the subject company in the past twelve months – No
Whether it or its associates have managed or co-managed public offering of securities for the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for products or services other than investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether the subject company is or was a client during twelve months preceding the date of distribution of the research report and the types of services provided – No
Whether the research analyst has served as an officer, director or employee of the subject company – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity has been engaged in market making activity for the subject company – No