Hope you are doing well.
Remember, in 2017-18, housing finance stocks were all the rage.
Repco Home Finance too was quite famous then and was frequently quoted about on various business channels.
However, the stock peaked out around Rs 900 in June 2017 and went as low as 90 in May 2020. Since then, the stock has recovered to around current levels of 375 and the business is also showing signs of turnaround.
Mr. K Swaminathan took over the charge as Managing Director and CEO of the company in Feb 2022.
Below, we have shared interesting insights from the Q1 FY 24 con-call of Repco Home Finance to understand the current situation and the outlook for the company. Hope you find the details useful for your own investments or to add the stock to your watch list.
A few days back, we released our new stock recommendation for our Alpha and Alpha + Members.
It’s a sub 3,000 crore market cap, fast growing Specialty chemicals company
The company has introduced new import import substitute products, expanded aggressively over the last 4-5 years, started reducing debt and available at only ~11 times last 5 years average net profit
You can get this new recommendation along with other recommendations, by subscribing HERE
Repco Home Finance – Insights from Q1 FY 24 con-call of the company
– General Details
- We were able to achieve a disbursement of Rs. 684 crores against Rs. 642 crores of Q1 FY23, registering a growth of 7%
- It is worthwhile to note that the sanction and disbursements in Q1 of last year included a DA pool purchase of Rs. 70 crores while there was no such pool purchase in Q1 of FY24
- Our AUM stands at Rs. 12,655 crores, increased by around 2% QOQ from the previous quarter of Rs. 12,449 crores
- The ratio of exposure between non-salaried and salaried segments stood at 51.8% and 48.2% respectively
- The share of non-housing loans, i.e., home equity stood at about 23.1% of the loan book and housing loans contributed about 76.9% of the book
- We were able to reduce the GNPA from Rs. 719 crores to Rs. 695 crores which is 5.5% of the AUM and the net NPA stood at Rs. 338 crores at 2.8%
- We have a total provision of Rs. 524 crores with a provision coverage ratio of 51.4% for the Stage-III assets
- As of June 30, 2023, we hold Rs. 600 crores of restructured portfolio of which approximately Rs. 200 crores is in Stage III
- Our NIM for Q1 FY24 was at 5.1% as against 4.6% in Q1 FY23. We continue to operate at a spread of 3.3%
- Our average yield on incremental loan sanctioned rose to 11.56% in Q1 as compared to 11.08% in the previous quarter
- As of June 30, 2023, we have 193 touch points across 12 states and 1 UT comprising of 159 branches and 34 satellite centers with additional 2 asset recovery branches
– Structural Changes
- This Company was not having any sort of verticalization in place in all these years. This sort of verticalization we have started doing
- In the last call, we told about a collection vertical that was implemented
- In the current quarter, we have also started a sales vertical separately
- Some portion of our existing staff we are going to earmark exclusively for selling to our customers, approaching new customers
- Going forward, we will also be adding a credit vertical
– Why increase in contribution of Home equity loans
- We do not actually target for non-home loans. Whatever is coming, we take
- Second is reclassification – When we notice that there are more than 2 kitchens or it may be a place where he will be building a house; in addition, he will also be constructing a small shop in front of his house. Such things we classify under home equity
- this classification, especially in the new software, we are very very clear – unless it is a pure home loan, we cannot classify under any other category
– BT Out
- I am happy to announce that BT-outs are relatively less compared to BT-ins. There is a reversal in trend that we have noticed in the 1st Quarter
- At the head office level, we are monitoring through our links with the central agencies like CIBIL who give us reports about the likelihood of our customer moving out. We try to contact them so that we prevent such BT-outs
- We have given a guidance of around 4.7% or 4.8% of NIM
- The way forward for FY24, we plan to stick to our guidance numbers of 20% growth in sanctions and disbursements and 12% AUM growth from FY23
- Credit cost, around Rs 25 crore for FY 24
- The GNPA numbers are planned to be brought down by at least Rs. 100 crores out of which we have already reduced Rs. 24 crores
Disclaimer: This is not a recommendation to buy/sell Repco Home Finance. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory.
SEBI Research Analyst Registration No. INH100001690
Research Analyst Details
Name: Ekansh Mittal Email Id: [email protected] Ph: +91 727 5050062
Details of Associate: Not Applicable
Analyst Certification: The Analyst certify (ies) that the views expressed herein accurately reflect his (their) personal view(s) about the subject security (ies) and issuer(s) and that no part of his (their) compensation was, is or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendation(s) or views contained in this research report.
Address – 7, Panch Ratan, 7/128, Swaroop Nagar, Kanpur – 208002, Contact No. – +91-7275050062
Compliance Officer – Mr. Ekansh Mittal, +91-9818866676, ekansh@
Grievance Redressal – Mittal Consulting, grievances@
“Registration granted by SEBI and certification from NISM in no way guarantee performance of the intermediary or provide any assurance of returns to investors”.
“Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related documents carefully before investing.”
The views expressed are based solely on information available publicly and believed to be true. Investors are advised to independently evaluate the market conditions/risks involved before making any investment decision
This report is for the personal information of the authorized recipient and does not construe to be any investment, legal or taxation advice to you. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting/Katalyst Wealth is not soliciting any action based upon it. This report is not for public distribution and has been furnished to you solely for your information and should not be reproduced or redistributed to any other person in any form. This document is provided for assistance only and is not intended to be and must not alone be taken as the basis for an investment decision. Ekansh Mittal or any of its affiliates or employees shall not be in any way responsible for any loss or damage that may arise to any person from any inadvertent error in the information contained in this report. Neither Ekansh Mittal, nor its employees, agents nor representatives shall be liable for any damages whether direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential including lost revenue or lost profits that may arise from or in connection with the use of the information. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting or any of its affiliates or employees do not provide, at any time, any express or implied warranty of any kind, regarding any matter pertaining to this report, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
The recipients of this report should rely on their own investigations. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting and/or its affiliates and/or employees may have interests/ positions, financial or otherwise in the securities mentioned in this report. Mittal Consulting has incorporated adequate disclosures in this document. This should, however, not be treated as endorsement of the views expressed in the report.
We submit that no material disciplinary action has been taken on Ekansh Mittal by any regulatory authority impacting Equity Research Analysis.
Disclaimer: You can access it here – LINK
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any financial interest in the subject company/companies and the nature of such financial interest – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associates or his relatives have actual/beneficial ownership of 1% or more securities of the subject company (at the end of the month immediately preceding the date of publication of the research report or date of the public appearance) – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of the research report or at the time of public appearance – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation from the subject company in the past twelve months – No
Whether it or its associates have managed or co-managed public offering of securities for the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for products or services other than investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether the subject company is or was a client during twelve months preceding the date of distribution of the research report and the types of services provided – No
Whether the research analyst has served as an officer, director or employee of the subject company – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity has been engaged in market making activity for the subject company – No