Hope you are doing well.
Recently I came across Associated Alcohols & Breweries.
The stock came to our notice because of its ongoing capex of 40 Million Liters per annum Ethanol plant which is likely to commence operations from next month, i.e. Oct’23.
The company has its proprietary brands in the IMFL segment and is also the contract manufacturer of very renowned brands like – Black Dog, VAT 69, Smirn Off, etc.
Below, we have shared interesting insights from the Q1 FY 24 con-call of the company. Hope you find the details useful for your own investments or to add the stock to your watch list.
Before that, sometime back we released our new stock recommendation for our Alpha and Alpha + Members
We focus on growth oriented, owner operated small-mid cap companies that are trading at reasonable valuations and invest with a horizon of 3-4 years
The latest one fits our framework as it’s a sub 3,000 crore market cap stock, largest player in India in some of the Specialty chemicals it manufactures, introducing new import substitute products, expanded aggressively over the last 4-5 years, has good operating performance track record, started reducing debt and available at only 12.5 times last 5 years average net profit
You can get the above mentioned recommendations along with others, by subscribing HERE
Associated Alcohols & Breweries – Insights from Q1 FY 24 con-call of the company
– Q1 FY 24 performance
- In Q1 FY24, the revenue stood at INR 156 crores, a decline of 15% on a Y-o-Y basis. This is due to change in the MP government policy around IMIL segment
- The revenue share of the company from IMFL segment stood at 44% in the current quarter and we are continuously striving to increase further influence in the future
- In this year in the tender, the government had limited the quantity a particular individual can take
- Whatever the highest volume was there. So, we have been able to take that kind of market share
- On a positive note side, we were able to take around a 20%-25% increase in the price in IMIL. So, that has helped us increase our margins also
- IMIL is basically a state subject. We cannot move into other states because it is a low value product
– IMFL Proprietary
- This sluggish performance in Q1 is due to industry being down slightly in Madhya Pradesh
- In terms of the Kerala market which we have created as one of the largest market similar on the lines of Madhya Pradesh, the volume has increased
- The volumes in Kerala is almost equivalent to the volumes what we are doing in Madhya Pradesh
- In Kerala we are the fourth largest player in the market right now and we are trying to replicate in certain other markets also
- Very soon we will be entering a few other states like Goa, Pondicherry, Orissa and Assam
- We are doing only franchisee of Diageo in the states of Madhya Pradesh
- In other states, wherever we are entering, we are entering with only our brands. So, that is purely a premium product category, which we are doing
– Raw material
- We continue to face inflationary pressures on critical inputs like grain and glass
- Encouragingly, glass price indicates slight early signs of decline; however, the grain prices are expected to remain at an elevated level
- Our plant is fungible to we can use any sort of grain whether it is rice, maize or sorghum. So, we look into the profitability and the costing point and accordingly we decide which grains to be used
– New things
- Our primary focus is to enter new geographies, launch new brands in premium category and continue to scale up distribution and visibility in the launch market
- We have premium products in pipeline and expected to launch craft Gin in a month or two
- Company has aligned its portfolio to launch 2-3 premium brands in next 1-2 quarters
- the much-awaited ethanol facility is currently in the trial stage and we are expected to commence operation from Oct’23
- In the very initial days, we will be able to supply it and utilize the plant to the 100% capacity and our plant is at 1,25,000 liters per day capacity
- We have already applied and we have already registered ourselves for the sale purchase agreement with the BPCL and IOCL and as soon as the plant starts manufacturing it and all, we will get a purchase order from them
- Current EBITDA what we have reported of 11.8% in this quarter will be in the similar lines
- With the Increase in the premium segment products, we are confident that we will be able to reach that level (16-18%) in next 2 to 3 years
- We are definitely looking at exporting our own products which we have tie up with one or two players
Disclaimer: This is not a recommendation to buy/sell Associated Alcohols & Breweries. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory.
SEBI Research Analyst Registration No. INH100001690
Research Analyst Details
Name: Ekansh Mittal Email Id: [email protected] Ph: +91 727 5050062
Details of Associate: Not Applicable
Analyst Certification: The Analyst certify (ies) that the views expressed herein accurately reflect his (their) personal view(s) about the subject security (ies) and issuer(s) and that no part of his (their) compensation was, is or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendation(s) or views contained in this research report.
Address – 7, Panch Ratan, 7/128, Swaroop Nagar, Kanpur – 208002, Contact No. – +91-7275050062
Compliance Officer – Mr. Ekansh Mittal, +91-9818866676, ekansh@
Grievance Redressal – Mittal Consulting, grievances@
“Registration granted by SEBI and certification from NISM in no way guarantee performance of the intermediary or provide any assurance of returns to investors”.
“Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related documents carefully before investing.”
The views expressed are based solely on information available publicly and believed to be true. Investors are advised to independently evaluate the market conditions/risks involved before making any investment decision
This report is for the personal information of the authorized recipient and does not construe to be any investment, legal or taxation advice to you. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting/Katalyst Wealth is not soliciting any action based upon it. This report is not for public distribution and has been furnished to you solely for your information and should not be reproduced or redistributed to any other person in any form. This document is provided for assistance only and is not intended to be and must not alone be taken as the basis for an investment decision. Ekansh Mittal or any of its affiliates or employees shall not be in any way responsible for any loss or damage that may arise to any person from any inadvertent error in the information contained in this report. Neither Ekansh Mittal, nor its employees, agents nor representatives shall be liable for any damages whether direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential including lost revenue or lost profits that may arise from or in connection with the use of the information. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting or any of its affiliates or employees do not provide, at any time, any express or implied warranty of any kind, regarding any matter pertaining to this report, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
The recipients of this report should rely on their own investigations. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting and/or its affiliates and/or employees may have interests/ positions, financial or otherwise in the securities mentioned in this report. Mittal Consulting has incorporated adequate disclosures in this document. This should, however, not be treated as endorsement of the views expressed in the report.
We submit that no material disciplinary action has been taken on Ekansh Mittal by any regulatory authority impacting Equity Research Analysis.
Disclaimer: You can access it here – LINK
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any financial interest in the subject company/companies and the nature of such financial interest – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associates or his relatives have actual/beneficial ownership of 1% or more securities of the subject company (at the end of the month immediately preceding the date of publication of the research report or date of the public appearance) – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of the research report or at the time of public appearance – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation from the subject company in the past twelve months – No
Whether it or its associates have managed or co-managed public offering of securities for the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for products or services other than investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether the subject company is or was a client during twelve months preceding the date of distribution of the research report and the types of services provided – No
Whether the research analyst has served as an officer, director or employee of the subject company – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity has been engaged in market making activity for the subject company – No