Hope you are doing well.
Fragrance and flavor are 2 very important constituents of any product used for personal consumption or for general use.
S H Kelkar & Company is the largest Indian origin fragrance and flavor company in India and today we will briefly look at this company.
Post GST, demonetization and covid-19, the company went through a slowdown in the business; however, it now seems to be getting back on growth track. The management is targeting double-digit growth in business with sustainable 16% EBITDA margins.
Below, we have shared notes from Q1 FY 24 con-call of the company.
Hope you find the details useful for your own investments or to add the stock to your watch list.
Info: We have released 2 new stock recommendations in the last few days:
- 1 Special situation opportunity – Change in ownership along with already strong profitability and growth might result in re-rating of the company to higher valuations. Further, the stock is consolidating in a tight range and the open offer price caps the downside – Details @ click HERE
- 1 medium-long term investment recommendation – It’s a sub 3,000 crore market cap company wherein the company might double its profit in the next 3-4 years. Details @ click HERE
The above recommendations can be accessed by subscribing HERE
S H Kelkar & Company – Insights from Q1 FY 24 con-call of the company
- We have commenced FY 2024 on a promising note, delivering a steady growth of 7.7% from operations in the first quarter. Notably, our operations in the Indian market showcased a healthy growth of 12.1%
- This performance was supported by traction from a large customer and comparatively lower base in the previous year
- Meanwhile, growth in Europe stood at 3% on a constant currency basis; Our focus in Europe will be to optimize plant capacity utilization and drive profitability through better mix and margin
– Gross margin
- We are looking at a gross margin improvement based on our pricing strategy and dialogue with the customers
- There are signs of some raw material easing in the current marketplace, but these are very early days and we do not want to extrapolate this for longer term trend
- We had substantial cost inflation in the last 18 months. So, this cooling off is only sort of restoring some of the normal levels of margin where it is a sustainable business
- India business will grow double digit
- The trend on European business on gross margin will continue
- We are more than 85% in terms of capacity utilization in our European operations and we are looking at trying to maximize high margin businesses
- We are putting up factory in Indonesia
- We see opportunity of tying up with the larger clients
- With our Indonesia factory, we will open another kind of larger clients in that region which currently are not engaging with us on a full basis
– Fragrance division
- Volume growth – on the Fragrance, it has been 6%
- Our Core Fragrance division delivered growth in profitability, driven by upward price adjustments
- Similarly, the European segment displayed improvements in margin, particularly given last year’s challenges, the margins were significantly affected by escalating costs
– Flavor division
- Our Flavor division faced a mild downturn mainly due to softer demand from international markets
- We are in the process of building the capability and infrastructure to meet the next level global standards in Food and Nutrition space
- I think the underlying CAGR of 12% to 14% we are looking at in the full year and accordingly we will track the business
– RFP (request for proposal)
- last year we were honored to be invited to bid on RFP by a large global FMCG player; this collaboration has taken much more time than initially anticipated
- typically we expect to have some win and kind of commercial orders by end of this calendar
- the expected commercial value of this RFQ is Rs100 crore annual revenue, which we should be able to generate
– Capacity utilization
- India utilization levels are very low, 45% for Fragrance and Flavors.
- Except the Ingredient business, everything else we have quite sufficient headroom for growth
- if it’s a Southeast Asia product, we will supply from Indonesia. If it’s India Middle East, we will supply from our India operations. If it’s Europe or America, we will supply from our European operations
- So, we expect that our margin profile to remain stable above 16% odd levels?…Yes
- And our topline growth which we are anticipating for this year. So, that will be remaining in double digit only?…Yes
Disclaimer: This is not a recommendation to buy/sell S H Kelkar & Company The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory.
SEBI Research Analyst Registration No. INH100001690
Research Analyst Details
Name: Ekansh Mittal Email Id: [email protected] Ph: +91 727 5050062
Details of Associate: Not Applicable
Analyst Certification: The Analyst certify (ies) that the views expressed herein accurately reflect his (their) personal view(s) about the subject security (ies) and issuer(s) and that no part of his (their) compensation was, is or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendation(s) or views contained in this research report.
Address – 7, Panch Ratan, 7/128, Swaroop Nagar, Kanpur – 208002, Contact No. – +91-7275050062
Compliance Officer – Mr. Ekansh Mittal, +91-9818866676, ekansh@
Grievance Redressal – Mittal Consulting, grievances@
“Registration granted by SEBI and certification from NISM in no way guarantee performance of the intermediary or provide any assurance of returns to investors”.
“Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related documents carefully before investing.”
The views expressed are based solely on information available publicly and believed to be true. Investors are advised to independently evaluate the market conditions/risks involved before making any investment decision
This report is for the personal information of the authorized recipient and does not construe to be any investment, legal or taxation advice to you. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting/Katalyst Wealth is not soliciting any action based upon it. This report is not for public distribution and has been furnished to you solely for your information and should not be reproduced or redistributed to any other person in any form. This document is provided for assistance only and is not intended to be and must not alone be taken as the basis for an investment decision. Ekansh Mittal or any of its affiliates or employees shall not be in any way responsible for any loss or damage that may arise to any person from any inadvertent error in the information contained in this report. Neither Ekansh Mittal, nor its employees, agents nor representatives shall be liable for any damages whether direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential including lost revenue or lost profits that may arise from or in connection with the use of the information. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting or any of its affiliates or employees do not provide, at any time, any express or implied warranty of any kind, regarding any matter pertaining to this report, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
The recipients of this report should rely on their own investigations. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting and/or its affiliates and/or employees may have interests/ positions, financial or otherwise in the securities mentioned in this report. Mittal Consulting has incorporated adequate disclosures in this document. This should, however, not be treated as endorsement of the views expressed in the report.
We submit that no material disciplinary action has been taken on Ekansh Mittal by any regulatory authority impacting Equity Research Analysis.
Disclaimer: You can access it here – LINK
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any financial interest in the subject company/companies and the nature of such financial interest – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associates or his relatives have actual/beneficial ownership of 1% or more securities of the subject company (at the end of the month immediately preceding the date of publication of the research report or date of the public appearance) – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of the research report or at the time of public appearance – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation from the subject company in the past twelve months – No
Whether it or its associates have managed or co-managed public offering of securities for the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for products or services other than investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether the subject company is or was a client during twelve months preceding the date of distribution of the research report and the types of services provided – No
Whether the research analyst has served as an officer, director or employee of the subject company – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity has been engaged in market making activity for the subject company – No