Hope you are doing well.
Recently, I was going through the con-call of Sahyadri Industries which deals in Asbestos and non-asbestos flat sheets and boards.
While the demand for the products seems stable, the industry is reeling under the pressure of surge in raw material prices.
As a result, despite the increase in sales, almost all the companies from the sector have reported lower margins and profits.
Finally, it seems the raw material prices are softening and stabilizing. Is it time to take a contrarian call on the stock/sector?
Below, we have shared interesting insights from the Q2 FY 24 con-call of Sahyadri Industries to understand the current situation and the outlook for the company.
Before that, a few days back, we released our new stock recommendation for our Alpha and Alpha + Members
Company’s main growth and profit driving segment has grown more than 10x in terms of sales and profit in the last 10 years. We believe it has the potential to double its PAT in the next 3 yrs
For details on the stock click HERE
Sahyadri Industries – Insights from Q2 FY 24 con-call of the company
- The Q2 of the fiscal year is usually challenging for the roofing business. The inflation is still persisting at elevated levels affecting consumer spending in rural area
- Going forward we expect a softening of imported raw material prices leading to better margins for us subject to forex fluctuation
- We foresee roofing demand going up in H2 FY ’24 and intend to grow higher than the industry
- Roofing demand growth is generally between 6%-8% and that is what is going to be in ‘25 also
- At Sahyadri, we have experienced high raw material prices along with rupee depreciation in H1 FY ’24 compared to H1 FY ’23
- The overall capacity utilization has increased from 71% in H1 FY ’23 to 79% in H1 FY ’24
- The operations at the Perundurai plant are also stabilizing on a steady state basis. Further we expect capacity utilization to inch up gradually in future
- H1 FY 24 revenue contribution – 20% is the Non-Asbestos and 80% is Asbestos
- The company is progressing well on its Maharashtra capex plant with around 45% of the overall capex already being incurred through internal accruals so far
- We have already incurred around INR 45 crores. And going forward, there may be around INR 20 crores more
- Gross debt stood at INR 139.3 crores as on 30, September 2023, which includes short-term borrowings of INR 101.2 crores
- Our endeavor is to focus on newer markets along with deepening presence in the existing markets
- Also, we continue to focus on value-added products and increasing overall utilization levels
- The endeavor is to reach INR 1,000 crores sales in next 3-4 years
- The prices of the raw material is now getting stabilized, imported raw material prices; So going forward, margin would be little better than what you have already seen
Disclaimer: This is not a recommendation to buy/sell Sahyadri Industries. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory.
SEBI Research Analyst Registration No. INH100001690
Research Analyst Details
Name: Ekansh Mittal Email Id: [email protected] Ph: +91 727 5050062
Details of Associate: Not Applicable
Analyst Certification: The Analyst certify (ies) that the views expressed herein accurately reflect his (their) personal view(s) about the subject security (ies) and issuer(s) and that no part of his (their) compensation was, is or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendation(s) or views contained in this research report.
Address – 7, Panch Ratan, 7/128, Swaroop Nagar, Kanpur – 208002, Contact No. – +91-7275050062
Compliance Officer – Mr. Ekansh Mittal, +91-9818866676, ekansh@
Grievance Redressal – Mittal Consulting, grievances@
“Registration granted by SEBI and certification from NISM in no way guarantee performance of the intermediary or provide any assurance of returns to investors”.
“Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related documents carefully before investing.”
The views expressed are based solely on information available publicly and believed to be true. Investors are advised to independently evaluate the market conditions/risks involved before making any investment decision
This report is for the personal information of the authorized recipient and does not construe to be any investment, legal or taxation advice to you. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting/Katalyst Wealth is not soliciting any action based upon it. This report is not for public distribution and has been furnished to you solely for your information and should not be reproduced or redistributed to any other person in any form. This document is provided for assistance only and is not intended to be and must not alone be taken as the basis for an investment decision. Ekansh Mittal or any of its affiliates or employees shall not be in any way responsible for any loss or damage that may arise to any person from any inadvertent error in the information contained in this report. Neither Ekansh Mittal, nor its employees, agents nor representatives shall be liable for any damages whether direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential including lost revenue or lost profits that may arise from or in connection with the use of the information. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting or any of its affiliates or employees do not provide, at any time, any express or implied warranty of any kind, regarding any matter pertaining to this report, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
The recipients of this report should rely on their own investigations. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting and/or its affiliates and/or employees may have interests/ positions, financial or otherwise in the securities mentioned in this report. Mittal Consulting has incorporated adequate disclosures in this document. This should, however, not be treated as endorsement of the views expressed in the report.
We submit that no material disciplinary action has been taken on Ekansh Mittal by any regulatory authority impacting Equity Research Analysis.
Disclaimer: You can access it here – LINK
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any financial interest in the subject company/companies and the nature of such financial interest – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associates or his relatives have actual/beneficial ownership of 1% or more securities of the subject company (at the end of the month immediately preceding the date of publication of the research report or date of the public appearance) – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of the research report or at the time of public appearance – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation from the subject company in the past twelve months – No
Whether it or its associates have managed or co-managed public offering of securities for the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for products or services other than investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether the subject company is or was a client during twelve months preceding the date of distribution of the research report and the types of services provided – No
Whether the research analyst has served as an officer, director or employee of the subject company – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity has been engaged in market making activity for the subject company – No