Hope you are doing well.
I am sure the name Hindware will ring a bell in your mind as it's a famous Sanitary ware brand. Well, it's more than a sanitary ware brand now as the company also deals in other products like pipes and fittings, faucets, kitchen and home appliances.
The erstwhile name of the company was Somany Home Innovation which has now been changed to Hindware Home Innovation. Somany Home was demerged from HSIL ltd to create a separate entity focused on the products mentioned above.
We like building products segment in general and the same has also proved to be quite lucky for us as stocks like Cera Sanitaryware and Acrysil have delivered 10x-40x returns for us and our Premium Members.
Below, we have shared our notes (unedited) from the Q4 FY 22 concall transcript of Hindware Home to understand management's views on demand, inflation, expansion, growth potential, etc.
Before that, if you are interested in investing in our Latest Stock Recommendation which could benefit from the massive growth expected in the CNG segment and still available around 10 times earnings, you can read about it by Clicking HERE
Hindware Home Innovation - Q4 FY 22 concall notes
- Some Introduction - Our Company, the erstwhile Somany Home Innovation Limited has been re-branded as Hindware Home Innovation Limited, aligning it with the mother brand Hindware.
In line with this, Brilloca Limited, our wholly owned subsidiary, has been re-branded as Hindware Limited. The brand Hindware is owned by Hindware Home Innovation Limited.
Secondly, Hindware Limited acquired the Building Products manufacturing business of the erstwhile HSIL via slump sale for a total consideration of Rs 700 crore as of 31st March 2022.
- Benefit of acquiring manufacturing business - It helps our Building products business to secure control over manufacturing processes and it gives liberty to the management to align product placement with evolving customer needs.
It also strengthens our competitive position and translates to better efficiencies. In addition, it integrates the entire value chain into a single entity, minimizes related party transactions and reduces compliance and administrative costs.
Around 300 bps EBITDA margin should increase on an overall basis due to the acquisition of the manufacturing facility.
- Water heater business - Groupe Atlantic France, a € 2.2 Billion company with a dominant presence in manufacturing, developing, and distributing eco-friendly heating products and hot-water solutions, invested Rs 68.3 crore for a 50% stake in the water heater business, subsidiary of Hindware Home Innovation Limited.
- What about FY 22 performance - During the year, margins were lower owing to higher input and commodity prices.
- Building products (includes Bath and Pipe and fittings segments) - Revenue from operations for FY 22 stood at Rs 1,795 crore, registering a stellar growth of 42%, EBIT for the full year stood at Rs 158 crore, growing by 49%. For Q4 FY 22, the business delivered revenue growth of 20% YOY, with revenue coming in at Rs 550 crore and EBIT at Rs 57 crore.
- Bath segment - In FY22 our Sanitaryware and Faucet segment revenue stood at Rs 1,190 crore registering growth of 38% and in Q4 FY22 revenue grew by about 12% YOY to Rs 345 crore
In sanitary ware, faucet and tiles business our margins expanded by 1.64% for the year and it largely came because of an improved mix.
At this point in time the contribution of our projects business is about 26%-27%. While 72% to 73% of our business is retail right now.
We believe we can outperform the market by 1.5 times over the market growth rate. Sanitary ware as a category is getting good demand right now and the market is growing upwards of 10%-12%.
- Plastic pipe and fittings segment - For FY 22 reported sales of Rs 606 crore, registering a growth of 51% and for Q4 FY22 sales were at Rs 205 crore, registering a growth of 36%. In the last 2 years, the business has grown from Rs 250 crore in FY 19-20 to Rs 606 crore in FY 21-22.
Last year we had an EBIT margin on pipes of 9.27% and this year we had 8.15%.
Board of Directors have approved an investment of ~Rs 180 crore towards setting up a new manufacturing plant for the plastic pipes in Roorkee, Uttarakhand with an initial manufacturing capacity of 12,500 metric tons per annum. With this our capacity will increase from 35,000 metric tons to 48,000 metric tons per annum.
- Consumer Appliances segment - During FY 22 reported revenue of Rs 431 crore, EBIT for the year stood at Rs 6 crore. For the quarter the revenue stood at Rs 121 crore, EBIT at a loss of Rs 0.6 crore. Overall performance of business was subdued primarily on account of higher input costs.
Q3 and Q2 happen to be much bigger quarters for Consumer Appliances business given the seasonality. Even at the run rate what we are doing right now we can be profitable. The challenge for the Q4 starting from the end of the Q3 were massive price hikes in the entire industry, the ocean freight from imports moving from $800 to $9000 per container.
From a top-line perspective I think we are in a growth phase. If you remove FY 21-22, we had a CAGR of more than 35% up till FY 20-21 despite the COVID. We continue to look at desirable growth of 20%-25% +
- Debt - What had happened is till 31st March, 2022, out of Rs 700 crore consideration for manufacturing business, we had paid only Rs 109 crore and the balance is being paid off in Q1.
Including Rs 140 crore debt in the parent company, the overall debt by the end of Jun'22 should be around 700 crore.
- What about CAPEX - Overall spend during FY 23 will be between Rs 150-175 crore in terms of CAPEX.
If you are looking for investment opportunities do check out our premium subscriptions. We have been helping our clients with our stock recommendations for over a decade now.
Disclaimer: This is not a recommendation to buy/sell Hindware Home Innovation. These notes are as announced by the companies on exchanges and only for the purpose of information and education.
SEBI Research Analyst Registration No. INH100001690
Research Analyst Details
Name: Ekansh Mittal Email Id: [email protected] Ph: +91 727 5050062
Details of Associate: Not Applicable
Analyst Certification: The Analyst certify (ies) that the views expressed herein accurately reflect his (their) personal view(s) about the subject security (ies) and issuer(s) and that no part of his (their) compensation was, is or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendation(s) or views contained in this research report.
The views expressed are based solely on information available publicly and believed to be true. Investors are advised to independently evaluate the market conditions/risks involved before making any investment decision
This report is for the personal information of the authorized recipient and does not construe to be any investment, legal or taxation advice to you. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting/Katalyst Wealth is not soliciting any action based upon it. This report is not for public distribution and has been furnished to you solely for your information and should not be reproduced or redistributed to any other person in any form. This document is provided for assistance only and is not intended to be and must not alone be taken as the basis for an investment decision. Ekansh Mittal or any of its affiliates or employees shall not be in any way responsible for any loss or damage that may arise to any person from any inadvertent error in the information contained in this report. Neither Ekansh Mittal, nor its employees, agents nor representatives shall be liable for any damages whether direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential including lost revenue or lost profits that may arise from or in connection with the use of the information. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting or any of its affiliates or employees do not provide, at any time, any express or implied warranty of any kind, regarding any matter pertaining to this report, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
The recipients of this report should rely on their own investigations. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting and/or its affiliates and/or employees may have interests/ positions, financial or otherwise in the securities mentioned in this report. Mittal Consulting has incorporated adequate disclosures in this document. This should, however, not be treated as endorsement of the views expressed in the report.
We submit that no material disciplinary action has been taken on Ekansh Mittal by any regulatory authority impacting Equity Research Analysis.
Disclaimer: You can access it here - LINK
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any financial interest in the subject company/companies and the nature of such financial interest – Yes, in Acrysil
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associates or his relatives have actual/beneficial ownership of 1% or more securities of the subject company (at the end of the month immediately preceding the date of publication of the research report or date of the public appearance) – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of the research report or at the time of public appearance – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation from the subject company in the past twelve months – No
Whether it or its associates have managed or co-managed public offering of securities for the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for products or services other than investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether the subject company is or was a client during twelve months preceding the date of distribution of the research report and the types of services provided – No
Whether the research analyst has served as an officer, director or employee of the subject company – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity has been engaged in market making activity for the subject company – No