Hope you are doing well.
In order to recommend the best stock ideas to our members, we keep looking for new opportunities and add them to our watch list.
One such stock in our watch list is Ultramarine & Pigments Ltd.
The company has 3 major business divisions - Pigments, Surfactants and ITes.
Since the last 1-2 years the company has been expanding capacities and has planned further expansions in the areas of specialty chemicals, fine grade pigments, mixed metal oxides, etc.
Below, we have shared notes from the Annual Report FY 22 of the company. Hope you find the details useful in your search of investment opportunities.
Recently, we released our latest Special situation opportunity for our Alpha + members.
For the latest special situation recommendation, the expected holding period is 3-4 months with maximum upside potential of 25% and margin of safety of around 20-25%. You can get it along with our other recommendations by subscribing HERE
Ultramarine & Pigments - Notes from Annual Report 22
- FY 22 performance -
- The revenue for the year from operations stood at Rs 491.02 crore in 2021-22, registering a growth of 59% as compared to the previous year
- This increase is due to improved volumes in the Pigments and Sulphonation divisions
- The newly commissioned Sulphonation plant at Naidupet, Andhra Pradesh was operational throughout the year as compared to less than 3 months in the previous year
- There is a 9% increase at EBIDTA and the net profit went up by 4%, despite an uncontrollable and sharp rise in the cost of raw material, fuel & freight. The Company was unable to pass on all the increases to our customers
- Pigment division -
- Revenue from the Pigments division increased by 41% as compared to the previous year while volumes went up 25%
- The Pigments division achieved a net revenue of Rs 128.72 crore in this financial year compared to Rs 91.19 crore in the previous financial year, and exports were at Rs 80.75 crore as against Rs 48.90 crore
- With increased export demand, there was an improvement in realization
- Steep increases in input costs, i.e fuel, freight and key raw materials, caused intense margin pressure
- The addition of fresh capacity at the new Plant was covered under the Subsidiary Company – Ultramarine Specialty Chemicals Limited
- Surfactants division -
- The sulphonation plant at Naidupet was operational for the full financial year and the offtake from this plant resulted in a 23% increase in volume & 44% in revenue compared to the previous year
- This division reported a revenue of Rs 322.41 crore as against Rs 184.16 crore for the previous year
- The Company saw unprecedented cost increases across the board in raw material and fuel, which have affected its margins
- Raw material -
- This year witnessed volatile movements in raw materials for both Pigments & Sulphonation
- The Company also saw an unprecedented increase in cost of basic raw materials like sulphur, clay and soda ash. Imported raw materials also saw a huge increase in freight costs
- The dramatic increase in the cost of Oleo chemicals and Alpha olefins and their diminished availability in the market caused reformulation and shifting of market demand – due to the product mix strategy, however the Company was able to make up for lost revenues at the cost of some erosion in the margin
- Freight cost -
- ocean freight went up by 400% in some cases
- While import costs could not be passed on in their entirety, due to the prevailing market conditions in India, export freight costs were fully passed through to customers. As a result, the Company was able to hedge some of the margin erosion in its domestic surfactants and pigments businesses through the pigments exports
- CAPEX -
- A new plant is being set up to manufacture certain specialty chemicals with a capital outlay of Rs 21 crore at the Naidupet facility. This project will be completed during FY 2022-23. These products are used as ingredients in cosmetics, personal care and health care industries
- the project at Naidupet to manufacture fine grade Pigments (1500 MT) is complete. This is a new manufacturing facility set up under the wholly owned subsidiary - Ultramarine Specialty Chemicals Limited. Your Company invested Rs 60.75 crore during the year by way of Capital & term loan – the remainder of the project is funded through a term loan. The Subsidiary has obtained environmental clearance for this project and expects to commission this new facility soon
- Further, a project to add additional capacity of Pigments will also be undertaken in the subsidiary at the same location with a capital outlay of Rs 61.50 crore
- In the same subsidiary, a new project at Naidupet is being implemented, to manufacture Mixed Metal Oxides, with a capital outlay of Rs 24.35 crore. The capacity will most likely be commissioned during the current fiscal year
Recently, we released our new stock recommendation for our Premium Members. It's a leading Pharmaceutical company with global leadership in its product segment, net debt free and available at very reasonable valuations. Can read about the company HERE
Disclaimer: This is not a recommendation to buy/sell Ultramarine & Pigments. These notes are as announced by the companies on exchanges and only for the purpose of information and education.
SEBI Research Analyst Registration No. INH100001690
Research Analyst Details
Name: Ekansh Mittal Email Id: [email protected] Ph: +91 727 5050062
Details of Associate: Not Applicable
Analyst Certification: The Analyst certify (ies) that the views expressed herein accurately reflect his (their) personal view(s) about the subject security (ies) and issuer(s) and that no part of his (their) compensation was, is or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendation(s) or views contained in this research report.
The views expressed are based solely on information available publicly and believed to be true. Investors are advised to independently evaluate the market conditions/risks involved before making any investment decision
This report is for the personal information of the authorized recipient and does not construe to be any investment, legal or taxation advice to you. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting/Katalyst Wealth is not soliciting any action based upon it. This report is not for public distribution and has been furnished to you solely for your information and should not be reproduced or redistributed to any other person in any form. This document is provided for assistance only and is not intended to be and must not alone be taken as the basis for an investment decision. Ekansh Mittal or any of its affiliates or employees shall not be in any way responsible for any loss or damage that may arise to any person from any inadvertent error in the information contained in this report. Neither Ekansh Mittal, nor its employees, agents nor representatives shall be liable for any damages whether direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential including lost revenue or lost profits that may arise from or in connection with the use of the information. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting or any of its affiliates or employees do not provide, at any time, any express or implied warranty of any kind, regarding any matter pertaining to this report, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
The recipients of this report should rely on their own investigations. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting and/or its affiliates and/or employees may have interests/ positions, financial or otherwise in the securities mentioned in this report. Mittal Consulting has incorporated adequate disclosures in this document. This should, however, not be treated as endorsement of the views expressed in the report.
We submit that no material disciplinary action has been taken on Ekansh Mittal by any regulatory authority impacting Equity Research Analysis.
Disclaimer: You can access it here - LINK
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any financial interest in the subject company/companies and the nature of such financial interest – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associates or his relatives have actual/beneficial ownership of 1% or more securities of the subject company (at the end of the month immediately preceding the date of publication of the research report or date of the public appearance) – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of the research report or at the time of public appearance – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation from the subject company in the past twelve months – No
Whether it or its associates have managed or co-managed public offering of securities for the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for products or services other than investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether the subject company is or was a client during twelve months preceding the date of distribution of the research report and the types of services provided – No
Whether the research analyst has served as an officer, director or employee of the subject company – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity has been engaged in market making activity for the subject company – No