Hope you are doing well.
Did you know? - In wood panels industry in India, MDFs contribution is only around 20-30% and plywood accounts for 70%; however, worldwide 45-50% is MDF, 45-50% particle board and minuscule contribution from plywood.
The usage of MDF is expanding rapidly in India and being a capital intensive industry, there are a handful of major players.
Below, we have shared notes from Q2 FY 23 concall of Rushil Decor which is a major player in the MDF and the laminate segment. Sometime back, the company completed a major expansion in the MDF space and is now gradually improving the capacity utilization. Hope you find the details useful in your search of investment opportunities.
Recently, we released our New Stock Recommendation for Premium Members
It's a food processing company, virtually debt free, compounded profits at 20% + consistently, maintained returned ratios like ROE and ROCE at 20% +, doubled its market share in exports in its segment in the last 6-7 years and yet available at less than 7 times Pre-tax earnings.
You too can get it along with other recommendations, by subscribing HERE
Rushi Decor - Notes from Q2 FY 23 concall
- For the quarter, we have reported operating revenues of Rs 203.4 crores, that is a growth of about 18% YOY compared to Rs 171.3 crores
- MDF business revenue grew by 23% on year-on-year basis, contributing Rs 149 crores in Q2 FY'23
- Laminates contributed Rs 52.8 crores in Q2 FY'23 compared to Rs 50.8 crores in Q2 FY'22
- We continue to see the strong traction for our products in the domestic market. However, export has seen some pressure during the quarter gone by
- Laminates -
- The Laminates segment has contributed about 50%-60% of our revenues from export market
- One of the reasons for higher realization in exports is, we are selling some of the premium products in far east market, and secondly, we are selling some of the expensive products in Gulf market, which have a different thickness
- With the goal to provide customers a wider range of high quality products and improve our margin profile in the laminates segment, we have announced the setting up of a new Greenfield manufacturing unit in Gujarat
- The unit will manufacture larger size laminates, which is a product we currently don't have in our portfolio
- As we see in our current portfolio, we don't have this jumbo size because of which we are missing the niche markets like America, Europe, Australia. So, the plan is to establish such facility and improve our margins through value added products
- We have estimated a CAPEX amount of Rs 60 crores for the new unit with a capacity of 1.2 million sheets per annum
- MDF -
- In Q2, we were almost 73.77% in terms of production, and we have achieved almost 68.71% in AP plant and 87% plus in Chikmagalur plant
- In Chikmagalur, the realization is around Rs 33,937 and in AP plant, total realization including export is around Rs 24,336
- Value added products - HDF, exterior grade. So, that comes in Chikmagalur around 38,363 for the value added products, and from AP plant it comes around 35,000. The plain MDF is around 23,300 from AP plant and 24,745 from Chikmagalur plant
- From Chikmagalur plant, we are selling more than 50%-60% value added products. If I talk about in terms of volume, almost out of 17,000 CBM, we have sold 12,000 CBM in value added products, and 5,700 around plain MDF
- 34.38% was EBITDA from Chikmagalur plant. For AP, it was 25.74%
- In AP plant, our R&D is going on for the value added products
- We don't see much of the changes in timber price as well as if we talk about chemical pricing, we see very stable or rather I would say downside. So, we really don't see any raw material price pressure as on date
- Margins - we want to increase our value added business. At present, we are just 28% and our target is to reach 40% in this financial year and maybe we can go up to 60% or 70%. Number two, we are working very hard on improving our plant capacity. We are also targeting to achieve 80%-85% in this Financial Year and the third thing, we are working on certain cost control approach, wherein like we can save costs on resin or some other parts
- MDF import threat -
- There is some 12,000 to 13,000 CBM import in the month of September, out of which 5,340 CBM from Vietnam and balance from Thailand and Malaysia. There is a price gap of around 7% to 10%
- Imports are mainly of interior grade laminates, the basic category, and it is mainly imported by converters. So, we really don't see much impact. However, we are very concerned about increasing our value added business, that's very important for us
- MDF capacity addition by others - In the last quarter of 2024, I believe the capacity expansion maybe around 3 million plus and that capacity for us maybe if we talk about the CAGR 15%-20% it will take two to three years to set up. So, time being there will be some issues, but we don't see much of a problem
- Debt -
- As of now, if you consider the yearly repayment of term loan, it will be in the range of Rs 45 crores per annum
- Out of total loan, we have three things. One is the loan from German financier which has very low interest rates, it is in the range of 1% to 2%, second loan is the foreign currency loan where the rate is linked with LIBOR, which will be in the range of 3% to 4% as of now, and the third loan is the Indian currency loan. So, all put together, average cost including working capital facility, last quarter it was in the range of 5% to 5.5%, now because of increase in RBI rate, it has gone to around 6%
- CAPEX -
- April to September, major CAPEX was in the second quarter only - around Rs 50 crore. This is mainly comprising MDF plant
- The MDF plant CAPEX is completed now, there is no further CAPEX so far as the AP plant is concerned
- No major CAPEX planned besides the 60 crore for new laminates unit. The expected time for this plant to be operational would be first quarter of financial year '25 that is June 2024
- Guidance -
- For us, we want to achieve 80%, 85% capacity utilization. We want to achieve value added mix to 40%
- we will definitely maintain the margin in spite of a couple of issues like import pressure or any other pressure, but then considering a couple of steps which we are taking, I think we will not only maintain, but maybe we'll try to increase the margin marginally
Disclaimer: This is not a recommendation to buy/sell Rushil Decor. These notes are as announced by the companies on exchanges and only for the purpose of information and education.
SEBI Research Analyst Registration No. INH100001690
Research Analyst Details
Name: Ekansh Mittal Email Id: [email protected] Ph: +91 727 5050062
Details of Associate: Not Applicable
Analyst Certification: The Analyst certify (ies) that the views expressed herein accurately reflect his (their) personal view(s) about the subject security (ies) and issuer(s) and that no part of his (their) compensation was, is or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendation(s) or views contained in this research report.
The views expressed are based solely on information available publicly and believed to be true. Investors are advised to independently evaluate the market conditions/risks involved before making any investment decision
This report is for the personal information of the authorized recipient and does not construe to be any investment, legal or taxation advice to you. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting/Katalyst Wealth is not soliciting any action based upon it. This report is not for public distribution and has been furnished to you solely for your information and should not be reproduced or redistributed to any other person in any form. This document is provided for assistance only and is not intended to be and must not alone be taken as the basis for an investment decision. Ekansh Mittal or any of its affiliates or employees shall not be in any way responsible for any loss or damage that may arise to any person from any inadvertent error in the information contained in this report. Neither Ekansh Mittal, nor its employees, agents nor representatives shall be liable for any damages whether direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential including lost revenue or lost profits that may arise from or in connection with the use of the information. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting or any of its affiliates or employees do not provide, at any time, any express or implied warranty of any kind, regarding any matter pertaining to this report, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
The recipients of this report should rely on their own investigations. Ekansh Mittal/Mittal Consulting and/or its affiliates and/or employees may have interests/ positions, financial or otherwise in the securities mentioned in this report. Mittal Consulting has incorporated adequate disclosures in this document. This should, however, not be treated as endorsement of the views expressed in the report.
We submit that no material disciplinary action has been taken on Ekansh Mittal by any regulatory authority impacting Equity Research Analysis.
Disclaimer: You can access it here - LINK
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any financial interest in the subject company/companies and the nature of such financial interest – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associates or his relatives have actual/beneficial ownership of 1% or more securities of the subject company (at the end of the month immediately preceding the date of publication of the research report or date of the public appearance) – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity or his associate or his relative has any other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of the research report or at the time of public appearance – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation from the subject company in the past twelve months – No
Whether it or its associates have managed or co-managed public offering of securities for the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether it or its associates have received any compensation for products or services other than investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past 12 months – No
Whether the subject company is or was a client during twelve months preceding the date of distribution of the research report and the types of services provided – No
Whether the research analyst has served as an officer, director or employee of the subject company – No
Whether the research analyst or research entity has been engaged in market making activity for the subject company – No